Follicular Unit Excision (FUE)
A special advancement in the field of hair transplant is the Follicular Unit Excision (FUE) also known as Follicular Unit Extraction technique. Nu/hart’s FUE technique is a new and safe hair transplant technique done under local anesthesia that utilizes a machine with small punches to individually harvest the follicular grafts directly from the donor site and transplant them to the tiny slits in the recipient area.
The specialized punch used in FUE allows the surgeon to remove hair from the skin without causing damage.
This hair transplantation technique is non-invasive and therefore the scalp heals faster. A patient can often show no visible signs ten days after surgery.
The FUE hair transplant process offers a procedure with no linear scar, no stitches, no bandages, and faster healing time.
Plus, if multiple sessions are needed, they can be done within weeks of each other. (The time between traditional strip method sessions is usually 6 months to 1 year.) The great thing about FUE is it has a faster healing time and less disruption to your busy schedule. NuHart’s FUE will give you the latest techniques in hair transplantation and the most natural head of hair. Each client needs a full consultation to determine if they are a perfect candidate for this type of hair transplant surgery.
Best Candidates for Follicular Unit Excision (FUE)
- Patients who does not want a linear scar.
- Patients with a limited donor supply.
- Patients with limited scalp elasticity.
- Patients who want to wear their hair exceptionally short.
- Patients who don’t mind closely clipping the donor area hair at the time of the procedure.
Benefits of Follicular Unit Excision (FUE)
- Allows medical team to select each follicular unit and maximize donor harvesting.
- Very low rate of transection.
- Small sessions can be done without shaving the donor area.
- Quicker, more comfortable recovery because there are no stitches.
- Virtually undetectable since there is no linear scar.